If you are looking for all year sun, where better than the Caribbean for soaking up sun and escaping the winter months. Or spending the summer months enjoying the Caribbean vibe. However if you are travelling to the US for a Cruise it seems a shame not to extend your trip and enjoy a Cruise And Stay In Orlando to check out the attractions.
Here Are Our Top Tips For Cruise And Stay In Orlando To Help You Plan Your Trip
As Brits, choosing to holiday in the States is an expensive holiday choice. Yes, cruise deals out of the USA are cheaper than we pay cruising out of the UK. However you have to factor in flights, which unless you get a great deal can be costly.
For this reason it makes sense to make the most of your trip and book a cruise and stay in Orlando and see some of the sights Florida has to offer whilst you are there.
Cruise And Stay In Orlando, Choosing The Right Cruise
Before we talk about the stay elements of your cruise and stay holiday, let’s look at the cruise element. There are so many things to think about when you book a family cruise. With a wealth of choice of family cruise lines you need to consider all the factors before finally committing and booking your cruise.
Should I Cruise Before Or After My Florida Trip?
This is down to personal choice, however you need to ask one question. Do you want to chill out before your Florida stay or after? Now we have never returned from a cruise feeling relaxed, more enlightened and exhausted by fabulous experiences. However the option to relax is there should you wish too.
Although a cruise is considerably more relaxing than a Florida holiday. I personally would book the Florida element of my trip first, giving us an option to relax on our cruise afterwards, should we choose too.
Where Can You Cruise From Near To Orlando?
Port Canaveral is the nearest cruise port to the Orlando attractions and is roughly an hour from Walt Disney World. This is the easiest option for a cruise and stay in Orlando.
Disney Cruise Line, NCL, Carnival and Royal Caribbean all sail from Port Canaveral, check out the port schedules HERE.
There Are 19 Cruise Lines Sailing Out Of Miami
Carnival, NCL and Royal Caribbean All Sail Out Of Tampa
Tampa is 1.5 hours from Florida but is also a great location to enjoy a chill out holiday.
Jacksonville Cruise Port
Jacksonville just under 3 hours from Florida, here you can sail on Carnival Ecstasy.
Which Cruise Line Should I Choose For My Cruise And Stay In Orlando
Choosing the best cruise line for families depends on your family. Companies such a Royal Caribbean, NCL and Carnival offer active ships full of family friendly activities. Whereas Princess, Celebrity and Holland And America offer a calmer cruise experience, yet are still packed with activities.
My POST HERE offers a few tips to help you choose the right cruise line for your family. One size certainly does not fit all in family cruising. Its all about finding what you love, and being willing to try new things.
Which Is The Cheapest Month To Go On A Caribbean Cruise?
You will find the best Caribbean cruise deals from June through to November, with the peak deals being offered at the the end of August beginning of September. This is due to hurricane season and the expectation of more rain at this time.
Choosing to cruise in hurricane season really is a personal decision, however should you do so be aware of the risks. Cruise ports may be missed from itineraries and seas can be rough.
If you make the decision to cruise at hurricane season ensure you are prepared for the risk and your travel insurance covers you.
Cruise And Stay In Orlando, Planning A Trip To Florida
How Do You Get From The Cruise Port To Your Florida Hotel?
If you book your trip independently car hire is a great option. However if you are not far from your hotel a taxi transfer saves you having to negotiate the highways independently.
Alternatively if you book a package cruise and stay in Orlando all this is done for you. Your agent will do all the footwork and arranging to take the stress out of your trip and let you concentrate of enjoying the experience.
Where Should I Stay In Orlando?
Being a die hard Disney fan, staying on site would always be my choice. We stayed a Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa last time we visited Florida. Staying onsite and using the Disney transport takes the stress out of your trip. Also check out the Disney Swan And Dolphin, this is where Donna and her family choose to stay when they visit.
Alternatively if you are a Universal fan, the Hard Rock Hotel is a hop, skip and a jump from Universal Studios and Islands Of Adventure.
The Benefits Of Staying Onsite At Disney Or Universal.
- Free transportation to the parks is included. The onsite transport systems are efficient and regular, there is seldom need to wait long.
- The parks offer extra hours for hotel guests, thus giving you exclusive time to enjoy the attractions.
- There are often offers to get free dining when staying at Walt Disney Hotels.
- You can book Disney fast passes and restaurants in advance if you are an onsite guest.
- Guests staying at Hard Rock Hotel get access to the Universal Express Pass, this gives you access to shorter queues.
- You can charge to your room in the parks and get shopping delivered to your room rather than carrying around the parks.
- Character wake up calls are available when staying onsite at Walt Disney World and Universal.
- Disney and Universal both have restaurant districts with lots of choice for dining in the evening, and all hotels have a choice of restaurants.
What Are The Benefits Of Staying Offsite In Florida
- Accommodation is more affordable, although you will more than often need a car when staying offsite.
- You can book a condo or villa with a private pool, so after a long day exploring the parks you can chill by your own pool.
- Having your own kitchen means you can do a big shop and cook in the evenings or bbq should you want to.
- This is a great option when traveling on a budget.
- Or when travelling with family or friends and you want to share accommodation.
- Alternatively if you want to book a super luxurious villa and have the space to spread out.
Other Things To Do In Orlando Besides Disney And Universal.
And if you want to see a little more of Florida then don’t forget to check out these other great attractions.
- Gator Land
- Kennedy Space Centre
- The Wheel At ICON Park
- Catch a baseball game
- Take an airboat ride.
I hope that helped you make a decision, which ever way you do your Cruise And Stay Orlando Trip its sure to be a trip you remember for a long time. Its all in the planning and the detail, leaving you to arrive and enjoy your trip.
This post is a sponsored collaboration with Travel Planners, my obsession for Cruising and Florida is the real deal.
Pin For Later