If you’re a planning a cruise with Carnival Cruise Line you might be wondering which cruise ship to book for your next cruise. Thus we have researched Carnival Cruise Ships By Age, Newest To Oldest, Size and wight and also included lots of interesting facts for Carnival Cruise Line. Some because we are geeks and love a bit of history.
Notably it’s also great to know not only the Carnival Cruise Ships by age to help you decided if you want to stay on a newer Carnival Cruise Ship, or indeed older. We have also included passengers numbers and Carnival Cruise Ship renovation dates. Because some ships may be older, however this doesn’t mean they haven’t been upgraded recently, thus will have a small ship feel with all the latest innovations.
Carnival Cruise Ships By Age, And Name, Newest To Oldest
What Was Carnival Cruise Lines First Ever Ship?
The very first Carnival cruise ship was the Mardi Gras. However she wasn’t built for the cruise line, but was the first ship for the newly formed Ted Arison Carnival Cruise Line. Mardi Gras started sailing for Carnival Cruise Line in 1972 and ever since Carnival have expanded at a fast pace, creating more exciting and innovative ships as time has gone on.
Carnival has recently named one of their newer ship Carnival Mardi Gras in a loving nod to their first ship. The original Mardi Gras was around 27,200 gross tons and held 1240 passengers, which compared to today’s ships such as the new Carnival Mardi Gras at 180,000 gross tons and holding 5282 passengers is tiny.
How Many Ships Do Carnival Cruise Line Have?
As of 2021 and after selling 4 of the fleet Carnival Cruise Line has 25 ships in service or on sale to book.
Which is the Newest Carnival Cruise Ship?
The newest Carnival ship is the Carnival Mardi Gras, is an Excel class ship. Which is 344.4m in length and has a gross tonnage of 180,000, holding 5282 passengers and 1735 crew which is a ratio of 3 crew to 1 passenger. The Carnival Celebration will also be launching in 2022.
Which Are The Largest Carnival Cruise Ships?
Carnival Mardi Gras and Celebration are also the largest Carnival Cruise Ships in the fleet. At 344.4m in length with a gross tonnage of 180,000, Mardi Gras and Celebration are almost 2.5 times heavier than Carnival Ecstacy and Sensation which the smallest ships in the Carnival Fleet and carry over double the amount of passengers.
Carnival Cruise Ships By Age And Name At A Glance And Which Have Been Refurbished?
- 2022 – Carnival Celebration ( Maiden Cruise November 2022)
- 2021 – Mardi Gras
- 2019 – Carnival Panorama
- 2018 – Carnival Horizon
- 2016 – Carnival Vista
- 2012 – Carnival Breeze, Refurbished in 2017
- 2011 – Carnival Magic, Dry Dock Update 2021
- 2009 – Carnival Dream, Refurbished in 2017
- 2008 – Carnival Splendor, Refurbished in 2019
- 2007 – Carnival Freedom, 2019
- 2005 – Carnival Liberty, Refurbished in 2016
- 2004 – Carnival Valor, Refurbished 2021
- 2004 – Carnival Miracle, Refurbished 2020
- 2003 – Carnival Glory, 2010
- 2002 – Carnival Conquest, Refurbished in 2017
- 2002 – Carnival Legend, Refurbished in 2019
- 2002 – Carnival Pride, Refurbished in 2019
- 2001 – Carnival Spirit, Dry Dock, New Carpetes 2021
- 2000 – Carnival Victory, Refurbished to Carnival Radiance (2021)
- 1999 – Carnival Triumph, Renovated and named Carnival Sunrise in 2019
- 1998 – Carnival Paradise, Refurbished 2018
- 1998 – Carnival Elation, Refurbished 2020
- 1996 – Carnival Sunshine, Upgraded from Carnival Destiny in 2013 and Renovated in 2019
- 1993 – Carnival Sensation, Refurbished 2020
- 1991 – Carnival Ecstasy, Refurbished in 2019
Carnival Cruise Ships By Age, Name,Passengers, Crew, Size And Weight Newest To Oldest
Which Carnival Cruise Ships Were Scrapped In 2020?
A sad part of global cruising pausing in 2020/2021 is that cruise lines sought to economise. Thus meaning that most cruise lines had ship casualties. Carnival sold or scrapped 4 of their fleet. However also spend funds upgrading the existing fleet.
- Carnival Inspiration, July 2020
- Carnival Imagination, out of service March 2020
- Carnival Fantasy, out of service July 2020
- Carnival Fascination was Sold to Century Harmony Cruise and renamed Century Harmony
Hope all that information was useful for booking you next Carnival Cruise Vacation. Or maybe you wanted to know Carnival Cruise Ships By Age because you were curious, we spend a lot of money cruising, travelling and thinking about the cruise industry as a whole and sometimes it’s just great to know a little about behind the scenes.