How do you capture cruise memories? Souvenirs picked up in port? Photo albums? Or maybe even a few extra inches around your middle? It happens to us all! How about a piece of personalised wall art that picks out some of your fondest holiday moments? We were contacted by My Icon Story who wanted to share this stylish concept with us.
How does My Icon Story work?
My Icon Story was set up by former advertising bod Laura Robinson to picture special events in people’s lives using bespoke sets of icons. She doesn’t just capture holidays but also personal achievements, friendships, careers and gap years. The possibilities are endless! Laura has a whole gallery of icons to choose from and if you don’t find exactly what you’re looking for she’ll design it for free.
It really is the opportunity to design something that is as original and unique as your life experiences.
You can design your wall art using the My Icon Story website or get in touch with Laura who will take the brief straight from you.
Step one: select how many icons you’d like in your design and whether it’s going to be landscape or portrait. You can have up to 12 icons on your design – just about right for all the ports of call in a two week cruise!!
Step two: select a background colour. I love the royal blue but there’s also black, white, red, green, pink and a darker blue.
Step three: search for and add your icons using an interactive map.
Step four: once you have picked all your icons you drag them onto your background in the order that you like. There’s a toggle button that you can use to add or take away the icon description. If you like you can also choose different colours for the icons. I think white on blue looks classy so stuck with that.
Step five: the finishing touches are choosing whether or not you’d like the print mounted and what colour frame you’d like. You can just order the print on its own if you don’t need a frame.
And that’s it: a super simple design process that takes minutes and a chic holiday memory to keep forever!
My Icon Story – our first family cruise
When Laura first asked if we’d like to give her service a go I was suddenly overwhelmed with all the fabulous memories I might be able to capture. After a lot of thinking I decided that it would be wonderful to capture a very special memory: our first family cruise. The first icon represents Carnival Vista and the others are our ports of call. Once I’d made my decision and placed the order it look less than a week to arrive. And that was after a Bank Holiday weekend!
My final verdict? I love our My Icon Story personalised print. It’s a fabulous idea and our wall art will take pride of place in our home for years to come… Where as, I have no idea where some of the little trinkets we bought in Florence, Pisa or Sicily have ended up! I’m sure I’ll find them one day under the kids’ beds!
My framed wall art would have cost £75 or £39 without the frame.
Win your own My Icon Story personalised wall art – CLOSED
Laura at My Icon Story has very kindly offered to design a personalised print for one of our Cruising with Kids readers. Hurrah! The giveaway prize is one unframed print with up to a maximum of 12 icons and the winner will be put in touch with Laura to place their order. The closing date for this giveaway is midnight (23.59pm) on Wednesday 11 July, 2018. Please read the terms and conditions below, and follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter widget to enter. Good luck!
Terms & conditions
- UK entrants aged 18 or over only.
- There is no cash alternative.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- The closing date for this competition is midnight (23.59pm) on Wednesday 11 July, 2018.
- The winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
- The winner will be notified by email. If they do not reply within seven days another winner will be chosen.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond my control, and accordingly I may vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to me.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway.
- The winning entry will be validated and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry a new winner will be chosen.
- Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winner’s entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.
Disclosure: we are running this competition in partnership with My Icon Story and received our personalised wall art in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.