The new Norwegian Prima Ship launches this year in 2022. It is the latest Ncl ship since the NCL Encore , the Prima ship which will begin sailing year in summer 2022. The Norwegian Prima is 965 feet long it weighs 142,500 gross tons and will be able to accommodate 3,215 guests.
Lets explore this brand new ship which will be a new concept for NCL offering guests exciting new itineraries and lots of onboard activities including new open spaces on deck. The stunning design of the ship is stunning an state of the art and includes many new experiences as well as the usual exceptional service from Norwegian Cruise lines.
What’s on the Norwegian Prima Ship NCL’s Newest Ship and what activities are on board?
The brand new Norwegian Prima has seen a major overhaul in its design and has a new look compared to previous NCL cruise ships. The line’s luxury ship VIP The Haven, has been relocated to the back of the ship. This enables the cabins and suites within it to all have a space on sundeck and look out towards the sea. This deck plan design is stylish and gives ultimate Miami vibes.
What’s new on the NCL Prima
- Brand new on the Prima is a new bigger outdoor space with pools and restaurants on Deck 8 called Ocean Boulevard. The area wraps around the entire deck! It is filled with bars, restaurants, pools and relaxation space.
- Another first for NCL is the Concourse, another outdoor space with sculpture gardens and installations designed by Alexander Krivosheiw. It has Two Oceanwalk glass bridges to cross as well as a new open air lounge called the La Terraza.
- Not only that! Infinity Beach is another new concept debuting on Norwegian Prima. Highlighting two infinity pools one on each side of the ship with amazing views.
Norwegian Prima itinerary where will the Norwegian Prima be sailing?
The Norwegian Prima will be sailing on the following itineraries
- In the Summer of 2022: Northern Europe and The UK
- Fall and Winter of 2022: Bermuda and The Caribbean
- Fall and Winter of 2022-2023: Western Caribbean Voyages Homeporting from Orlando, Fla. (Port Canaveral)
- Spring 2023 prima will sail Bermuda
The Norwegian Prima will start her journey in Northern Europe from Aug the 17th to Sept 13 th for the summer of 2022. She will take guests to explore on eight-day voyages from Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Copenhagen, Denmark. This will cover continent’s including Northern Europe, Norwegian Fjords and Baltic regions.
She will then go on to cover Bermuda and then on to Miami offering three, seven-day Western Caribbean cruises visiting Harvest Caye, the Norwegian private resort destination of Belize and other ports including Cozumel, Mexico, and Roatan Island, Honduras. There will be other Caribbean island and countries such as Cozumel, Mexico; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, and NCL’s private island, Great Stirrup Cay, in the Bahamas. Before coming back Europe for the summer of 2023.
NCL Prima activities onboard
What activities does NCL Prima have on Board? The new Prima ship boasts more outdoor spaces than ever before.
Norwegian Prima will also offer the most outdoor deck space of any new cruise ship including more total pool deck space than any other ship in NCL’s fleet. There will multiple infinity pools and vast outdoor walkways allowing guests to take in the sea, the ocean breeze and a variety of elevated experiences.
Here are some of the activities onboard Prima;
- The Galaxy pavilion for Virtual reality gaming
- Prima speedway
- The rush Slides
- Darts in the pub in the game gallery
- Mini golf
- Splash pools
There is a Speedway on the top deck for the thrill loving racers amongst you too!
The Rush! The fastest slides at sea
The Rush slide is 10-stories tall and is one of Norwegian Prima’s newest slides. Racing down the side of the ship you can race a friend and Dare to drop on the first free-fall slide in the world. Or race a friend on The Rush, our dueling slides.
NCL Prima Mini golf!
The Bull’s Eye Darts bar
Gather your crew for a round of pub darts at The Bull’s Eye!
Norwegian Prima Cabins
Norwegian Prima will offer the largest variety of suite categories available at sea! There are with 13 suite categories as well as the largest three-bedroom suites of any new cruise ship. NCL will now have the Brand’s largest-ever inside, oceanview and balcony staterooms. This will include new bigger better bathrooms showers for standard stateroom categories.
Kids Clubs on Prima
The Norwegian cruise line kids clubs are fantastic for all ages. They include clubs for all ages from children 6 months to 17 years old which consists of:
- Guppies for 6 months to 3 years
- Turtles for 3-5 year olds
- Seals for 6-9 year olds
- Dolphins for 10-12 year olds
- The Teen club Entourage 12 – 17
There is a smaller splash park for toddlers, this splash park has mini slides, tipping buckets as well as water shooters to play in. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
The Haven on the Norweigian Prima
The Haven is Norwegians VIP suite class and it has certainly been given the works on Prima. Be prepared to be pampered with the largest and grandest and luxurious accommodations and cabins. The sundeck is absolutely breathtaking with exclusive amenities and personalised service. The Haven is your own ship within the ship and they have pulled out all the stops on this brand new ship.
Pools On the Norwegian Prima ship
Two infinity pools on the ocean Boulevard!
Splash park and slides on the top deck of Prima
Dining And Drinks On the Norwegian Prima
What restaurants are on the Norwegian Prima?
The Norwegian Prima Ship has the first ever food hall for the Norwegian cruise line. The Indulge Food Hall offers various cuisines all in one place. The 11 food venues will include new restaurants as well as returning favourites which include;
- Coco’s serving artisan sweet treats
- Q Texas Smokehouse for American Southern food and barbecue
- Brand new Seaside Rotisserie for rotisserie cooked dishes
- Nudls serving noodle dishes from around the world
- Tamara preparing classic Indian dishes
- The Latin Quarter serving classic Latin food with a twist
- Tapas Food Truck cooking Spanish-inspired street food
- Garden Kitchen for customised salads
- Just Desserts for exactly that classic dessert items such as pies and cakes
- Just Ice Cream serving ice creams
Speciality Restaurants on prima
Paid Ala carte restaurants include;
- Onda by Scarpetta
- Q Texas steak house
- Los Lobos
Norwegian Prima Drinks packages and bars onboard.
The Norwegian Prima will feature up to 22 bars and lounges, each with its own unique vibe. Drinks packages are part of your “free at sea” options and include open bars and premium packages. You can read all about the NCL Free At Sea Packages in our post dedicated to Norwegian cruise lines drinks and packages here.
A multi purpose entertainment venue
Shows on Norwegian Prima
The new ship Prima also has a nightclub and theatre the Prima Theater and Nightclub.
The headline Show on Norwegian Prima is the Donna Summer Musical
Norwegian Prima’s headlining acts include the Donna Summer musical and will be showcased in the three story venue of the Prima Theater and Nightclub. The brand new design will seamlessly convert the space from a performance stage to night club dance floor. LED screens will lower from the ceiling and the space will be transformed for all occasions.
Four interactive real life gameshows
Four interactive games shows will take place in the Prima Theater and Nightclub which will transform into a production set where guests can be participants in some of the world’s most legendary game shows including:
- The Price is Right LIVE on NCL
- Supermarket Sweep LIVE on NCL
- Press Your Luck LIVE on NCL
- Beat the Clock LIVE on NCL
The SENSORIA night club on Prima will provide at club style atmosphere for clubbing an dancing. Guests can dance late into the night with lights and special effects.