MSC Virtousa to sail her Inaugural sailings around the UK
2021 will see MSC UK Sailings of the MSC Virtuosa around the UK. MSC Virtuosa is the latest ship in the Meraviglia class and she will perform her inaugural season around the British Isles! What does the MSC Virtuosa have to offer guests? We have sailed on the Meraviglia ships and they offer so much for families!
You can see our detailed posts on the Previous two ships in this class here which will tell you everything that MSC offers for families wishing to sail in the UK.
Where is the MSC Virtuosa sailing in the UK?
MSC Cruise line will initially offer three and four-night sailings departing from Southampton. From June 12th, holidaymakers can also join the seven-night sailings that will include stops in Portland and the cultural city of Belfast. These multiple ports of embarkation includes Liverpool and Greenock which is close to Glasgow.
She will be stopping at UK’s most popular ports such as Portland, Liverpool, Greenock and Belfast.
Discover the Jurassic coast on MSC Virtuosa
The ship will call at the Isle of Portland in Dorset, part of the Jurassic Coast. Guests will be able to go ashore as part of an MSC excursion to enjoy the perfect day out on the beach. These itineraries will also include two days at sea so that guests can enjoy the incredible array of facilities that MSC Virtuosa has to offer.
Which ship is the MSC Virtuosa?
The Virtuosa is MSC’s newest ship in 2021! MSC Virtuosa’s namesake comes from the word virtuoso, meaning someone highly skilled in music. Each deck is, in fact, named after a different musical instrument. This new cruise ship is one of the two largest in MSC Cruises’ fleet, along with her sister ship MSC Grandiosa.
MSC Virtuosa’s onboard entertainment will include two brand new Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows, that have been created exclusively for MSC Cruises’ guests.
MSC Virtuosa gives guests the best experience and has almost all of the same facilities as the previous MSC Bellissima sand MSC Grandiosa for children. You will also find MSC for Me and their digital cruise assistant ‘Zoe’ in your cruise cabins.
What facilities are on the MSC Virtuosa?
- MSC Virtuosa has a choice of 10 restaurants and 21 bars including two brand-new specialty restaurant concepts – HOLA! Tacos & Cantina and Indochine
- MSC Virtuosa has a brand-new MSC Starship Club featuring the world’s first humanoid robotic bartender offering a futuristic immersive bar and entertainment experience
- A 945-seater theatre and the stunning Carousel Lounge at the aft of the ship with live productions and shows every night
- Amazing kids MSC kids club facilities including with LEGO® play areas and a Chicco baby club
- The 112-metre-long Mediterranean promenade has the largest led screen ceiling at sea! The promenade is lined with boutiques bars and restaurants topped with this breathtaking LED sky screen with animations throughout the day and night
- Five swimming pools are on the MSC Virtuosa including an extensive magrodome pool and a 1,000sqm kids aquapark!
- Entertainment area with an FI simulator, bowling, XD cinema and a sports deck!
- A luxurious MSC Aurea Spa with full range of treatments and the state-of-the-art MSC Gym by Technogym®
- The MSC Virtuosa has the largest shopping area at sea with 1,168 sqm of retail space with 11 boutiques and 250 different brands.
Covid free sailings
- Sailings taking place under the protection of MSC Cruises tried and tested health and safety protocol, available to UK residents only of all ages both vaccinated and unvaccinated
- Ashore visits only as protected excursions
- Non-vaccinated guests will also be required to show proof of negative test done within 72 hours prior to embarkation.
- To ensure guests can enjoy total peace of mind when booking, MSC Cruises’ Stress Free Cruising programme guests can cruise with confidence. These UK sailings have flexible booking conditions, particularly in the event of further changes by the goverment. This will allow guests to change their sailing up to 15 days prior to departure, valid on cruises booked by 31 May 2021.
Bookings for the MSC Virtuosa UK sailings
Guests can enjoy their overdue holiday vacation to the fullest with MSC premium drinks packages and gratuities included on these MSC UK sailings. 4-night sailings will start at £499 and 7-night sailings starting from £849. Further details and prices of shore excursions will be made available when sales open for these cruises on Thursday, 1 April.