In this article we are going to look at all the facts you need the know in our Guide To Royal Caribbean’s, Symphony Of The Seas Size, and passenger capacity, some might say boring facts? However we think not, as these facts and figures culminate to create the perfect combination. Thus resulting in the wonder that is Symphony of the Seas, and really gives you an outline and feel for the size of this glorious Oasis Class Cruise Ship.
Symphony of the Seas was launched in 2018 and at the time was hailed as the biggest cruise ship in the World. Of course we know that has now changed, see which is the biggest ship now! But she is still an exciting ship of epic proportions, with so much to offer families and couples for a wonderful action packed cruise vacation. But if you are a lover of facts and also history check out our comparison of Symphony of the Seas vs the Titanic.
Guide To Symphony Of The Seas, Size, How Big Is She?
Symphony of the Seas is 228,081 Gross Ton, 1,188 feet long and 215.5 feet wide. Gross Ton is the calculation used to measure a ship’s internal volume. Thus gross tonnage is calculated based on the volume of all of the enclosed spaces of the ship. Thus is a good measure of Symphony of the Seas overall Size.
Royal Caribbean’s, Symphony of the Seas cruises at a speed of 22 knots. Knots are use to calculate the speed of the ship at sea and equal to one nautical mile per hour. Thus, if a ship is sailing at 22 knots it is traveling as fast as a land vehicle traveling at just over 25 mph.
Facts About Symphony Of The Seas
- Symphony of the Seas measures 1,188 feet in length and weighing 228,081 gross tons.
- The ship can accommodate up to 6,680 passengers and 2,200 crew members.
- Symphony of the Seas has 18 decks, 23 staircases, 24 passenger elevators, and 2,759 staterooms.
- With 190 suites and a dedicated suite deck, lounge and restaurant.
- The ship features a variety of onboard amenities, including 20 dining venues, 23 swimming pools and water slides, a casino, a full-size basketball court, and a zip line.
- Symphony of the Seas also has several unique features, such as the Ultimate Abyss, a 10-story slide that is the tallest at sea, and the Bionic Bar, where robots mix and serve drinks.
- The ship has a top speed of 22 knots and is powered by four 7,500 kW Wartsila diesel engines.
- Symphony of the Seas completed its maiden voyage in March 2018
- The ship was built at the STX France shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France and cost over $1 billion to construct.
- Symphony of the Seas is a sister ship to three other Royal Caribbean International vessels: Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, and Harmony of the Seas.
- The ship is known for its impressive size, innovative features, and diverse entertainment options, making it a popular choice for cruisers seeking a fun and unique vacation experience.
Guide To Activities You Will Find On Symphony Of The Seas
- Ultimate Abyss – A 10-Story Slide
- The Perfect Storm – Trio of Waterslides
- Battle for Planet Z – Laser Tag
- 7 Neighbourhoods
- Casino Royale
- Conference Center
- Jogging Track
- Mini Golf
- Music Hall
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Rock Climbing Walls
- Royal Theater
- Sports Court
- Studio B
- Vitality Spa & Fitness Center
- Zip Line
Symphony Of The Seas Water Slides
- Plus Splashaway Bay for the littles ones.
What Are The Different Neighbourhoods?
As a guide there are 7 neighbourhoods of Symphony of the Sea are dedicate spaces offering sports, dining, spa and activity options. They are well designed and have something to suite everyone.
- Central Park
- Pool and Sports Zone
- Royal Promenade
- Entertainment Place
- Youth Zone
- Vitality Spa and Fitness
What Is The Capacity Of Symphony Of The Seas?
The ship can hold 6,680 passengers at full capacity, full capacity means when every cabin is full whether its 4, 6 or 8 berth. At double capacity, ie 2 passengers in every cabin Symphony of the Seas will hold 5,518 passengers.
There are around 2200 crew onboard Symphony of the Seas. Thus meaning the crew ratio at at full capacity is 1:3 or if sailing at double capacity that ratio goes down to 1:2.5.
A Guide To Cabins, Suites And Staterooms On Symphony Of The Seas
Symphony of the Seas offers a variety of cabin types to suit different traveler needs and preferences. Here’s a breakdown of the cabin types available on the ship:
- Interior staterooms: These cabins are the most affordable option and offer no window or balcony. They range in size from 149 to 180 square feet and can accommodate up to four guests.
- Oceanview staterooms: These cabins feature a window or porthole that provides natural light and an outside view. They range in size from 179 to 198 square feet and can accommodate up to four guests.
- Balcony staterooms: These cabins offer a private balcony with seating, providing guests with a great view of the ocean. They range in size from 182 to 293 square feet and can accommodate up to four guests.
- Central Park view staterooms: These cabins overlook the ship’s Central Park area, an open-air garden with live plants, trees, and restaurants. They range in size from 194 to 299 square feet and can accommodate up to four guests.
- Boardwalk view staterooms: These cabins offer a view of the ship’s Boardwalk area, which features a carousel, games, and dining options. They range in size from 182 to 272 square feet and can accommodate up to four guests.
- Suite staterooms: These larger and more luxurious cabins come with a range of amenities, including separate living and sleeping areas, larger balconies, and access to a private lounge and restaurant. They range in size from 287 to 1,524 square feet and can accommodate up to eight guests.
- Family staterooms: These cabins are designed to accommodate families, with features such as extra bedrooms, bunk beds, and additional bathrooms. They range in size from 271 to 575 square feet and can accommodate up to eight guests.
Overall, Symphony of the Seas offers a wide range of cabin types to suit different budgets and needs, from affordable interior rooms to luxurious suites.
How Much Did Symphony Of The Seas Cost To Build?
The cost to build Symphony of the Seas was reportedly around $1.35 billion. This figure includes the cost of construction, design, engineering, and other related expenses. It is important to note that the cost of building a cruise ship can vary depending on a variety of factors, such as the size, features, materials, and labor costs involved.
Nonetheless, Symphony of the Seas at the time was considered one of the most expensive cruise ships ever built, reflecting the significant investment required to create such a massive and innovative vessel.
Symphony Of The Seas Comparison Chart To Other Oasis Class Ships
As you can see Oasis ships are all very similar in age, yes the size differences creep up in the newer ships. However apart from Wonder of the Seas which holds several hundred more passengers, lovers of Oasis Class Ships will find the offering pretty consistent.
|Ship Name||Year||Passengers At|
At Full Capacity
|Wonder of the Seas||2022||5,734||6,988||2300||236,857||210||1,188|
|Symphony of the Seas||2018||5,518||6,680||2200||228,081||215.5||1,188|
|Harmony of the Seas||2016||5,479||6,687||2210||226,963||215.5||1,188|
|Allure of the Seas||2010||5,484||6,780||2210||225,282||215||1,187|
|Oasis of the Seas||2009||5,602||6,771||2109||226,838||215||1,187|
Symphony of the Seas is currently the second biggest of all of the Oasis Class ships, but that will all change when Utopia of the Seas launches in 2024. However Symphony really does everything you could need from dining to pools and attractions to ensure you have the best family cruise vacation.Check out more about Symphony of the Seas over on Royal Caribbean.