Cruising is all about having a great time, seeing new places and more and more, a wonderful ship experience, your way! The Key on Royal Caribbean is a great way to purchase a few little extra luxuries for your cruise without the expense of booking a suite.
In this post we will look at The Key On Royal Caribbean and what the service offers to help you decide if it is worth the additional cost.
What Is The Key On Royal Caribbean
The Key is a bookable service that offers you access to exclusive experiences during your cruise vacation with Royal Caribbean. Offering perks such as priority check-in and boarding, personal drop-off service that delivers your carry-on bags directly to your stateroom and an exclusive welcome lunch featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu.
The Key also offers extras such as private hours at onboard activities, including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more, it’s a great perk that will be worth the extra cost for many cruising families.
How Much Is The Key Package On Royal Caribbean?
Prices start from £21.27 per adult per day, although prices and availability may vary from ship to ship.
What Are The Benefits Of The Key Program?
- Priority check-in and boarding on Day 1 at a designated check-in area. (Priority check-in and boarding will not be offered in Vancouver, Canada or at any ports in Australia.)
- Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop off your carry on bags to the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm. ( Limited to two pieces per guest and can weigh no more than 25 pounds per carry-on)
- Enjoy an exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu up until 1:30pm.
- Private hours at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more. The private hours schedule will be provided on the welcome letter you will receive onboard on Day 1.
- Priority departure at ports of call from ship to shore.
- Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theatre, AquaTheater, Studio B and Two70. It’s recommended that you reserve your show tickets in advance in the Entertainment section of Cruise Planner (up to 72 hours before your sailing) or onboard the ship.
- VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet.
- On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.
Your SeaPass card will have an icon confirming your purchase of The Key, which must be purchased prior to sailing by each guest age 6 or older assigned to the same stateroom.
What you Need To Know About The Key On Royal Caribbean
All guests ages 6 and older in the same stateroom are required to purchase the Package.
Children age 5 and younger accompanying a guest with The Key can enjoy these benefits: priority check-in and boarding on day 1, exclusive welcome lunch, priority departure at ports of call, seats in the exclusive VIP seating area at shows, and choice departure on debarkation day with the exclusive à la carte breakfast.
The Package cannot be shared with other guests.
Cancellations can only be made pre-cruise; refunds will be made to the original form of payment. After your Cruise Planner closes for the sailing, all sales are final.
Changes to a booking may result in cancellation of the Package.
How Do You Book The Key For Your Royal Caribbean Cruise
In cruise planner click on internet and more and select The Key in the dropdown menu.
The Key Vs Suite Perks
There are some similarities, however not many. Suite guests have a dedicated restaurant, lounge and sun deck on larger ships. Or reserved areas on smaller ships. Upgraded toiletries and dressing gowns to name a few extra room luxuries.
Suites also offer extras such as complimentary pressing on the first formal night and free 24 hours room service. Check out our post to see a detailed break down of Royal Caribbean Suite Benefits.
The key is a package that offers the little extras, that are worth is if they matter to you.
Is The Key Worth The Money
When I first looked at it I thought not, however, if you are considering getting the Zoom package that will cost you £12.15 per device a day, the extra cost of the package on top of WIFI is £9.12 per day, if priority boarding and seating are a big deal for you I would say yes.
However if you are not worried about exclusive experiences and WIFI your probably aren’t going to get your moneys worth. Traveling with teens WIFI is a must that makes it worth it for the extras. We have read mixed reviews, some people raving about it, some not so keen. But one size just doesn’t fit all, and this is why Royal Caribbean offer options.
I hope that has helped, If you have used The Key package on Royal Caribbean please do let us know your thoughts. And check out Royal Caribbean to book your next cruise.