If you’re a budget-conscious traveller planning a P&O cruise, you might wonder if P&O represents good value. In this post, we delve deeper into what makes a P&O Cruise a fantastic choice and explore what’s included in a P&O Cruise fare.
With a fleet of seven ships and over 200 destinations worldwide, P&O Cruises knows how to provide a memorable holiday experience. Whether you’re a family looking for a fun family cruise vacation, a couple seeking a romantic getaway, or an adventurer eager to explore new places, P&O Cruises has something for everyone.
What’s Included In A P&O Cruise
What Are the Different P&O Cruises’ Fare Types
It’s essential to understand the different fare types, determine which suits your preferences best, and make the most of your P&O Cruise experience.
1. Select Fare
The Select Fare offers flexibility and choice. If having the freedom to change your booking, select your cabin, enjoy priority dining choices, and receive extras like onboard credit, car parking in Southampton, or return coach travel to Southampton is crucial to you?
Then this is the fare to choose. Remember that it doesn’t cover Wi-Fi or drinks, so it’s worth considering a P&O drinks package; you’ll need to budget for those separately.
2. Early Saver Fare
Are you looking for the best deal possible? The Early Saver Fare is typically the most affordable option if you book well in advance. It guarantees a cabin and lets you state your dining preference, although dining allocation is only confirmed once you’re on board. This fare is perfect for bargain hunters who plan.
3. Saver Fare
The Saver Fare is your ticket to adventure if you’re seeking the basic cruise fare. This fare includes the cruise cost; if you’re on a fly-cruise, it also covers flights. Your cabin will be assigned within your chosen grade, and dining is allocated upon boarding. Remember that full payment is due when booking, and there’s a 100% cancellation fee if you decide not to go.
What’s Included In Your P&O Cruise Cabin
When you opt for a P&O Cruise, you have the flexibility to select from various cabin types, each offering its unique features:
- Inside Cabins are the most affordable option and do not have windows, providing a cosy retreat for a good night’s rest.
- Ocean View Cabins are perfect. If you prefer a glimpse of the breathtaking ocean, these cabins come with windows or portholes, allowing you to enjoy the view from the comfort of your room.
- Balcony Cabins offer a more immersive experience; balcony cabins provide a private outdoor space where you can step outside and relish the fresh sea breeze.
- Suite upgrades allow you to elevate your cruise experience with VIP accommodation and additional perks, providing a luxurious and indulgent stay on board.
Within these main cabin types, P&O Cruises also offers specific options such as mini-suites, and superior deluxe balcony cabins, thus catering to various preferences and requirements.
What’s Included in Your Cabin
- En-suite bathrooms
- Shower gel in the bathroom and hand soap
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
- Air conditioning
- Daily clean and fresh towels from a cabin steward
Dining Included on P&O Cruises
Main Dining Room
Whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner, the main dining room offers a sumptuous spread of delectable dishes to tantalise your taste buds.
Enjoy a delightful selection of dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the buffet restaurant. Plus, kids can treat themselves to an early tea specially designed for their young palates.
Available exclusively on Iona and Arvia, The Quays is a multi-venue food court where you can explore a diverse range of mouthwatering options and quick service meals such as burgers, fish and chips and Asian cuisine.
Casual Snack Bars
Grab a quick bite at the casual snack bars, offering an array of sandwiches, salads, fruits, and delectable cakes to satisfy your cravings.
Savour classic favourites like burgers, hot dogs, chips, and pizzas at the poolside grill as you soak up the sun by the pool.
Delight in the irresistible taste of handmade, stone-baked pizza slices at the poolside pizzeria.
Treat yourself to a quintessential British tradition with afternoon tea featuring finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones, and a delightful selection of tea and coffee.
Complimentary Room Service Breakfast on P&O Cruises
Wake up to a delightful start with the convenience of room service breakfast, included in your P&O cruise experience. Choose from a delectable array of options, including:
- Fruit juices and smoothies
- Fresh fruits and compotes
- An assortment of pastries, such as croissants, muffins, Danish pastries, and pain au chocolate
- Panini filled with sausage, bacon, and tomato
To enjoy your complimentary breakfast in the comfort of your cabin, mark your desired items on the card and specify your preferred delivery time. Then, hang the card outside your door the night before.
Explore Extra Dining Options on P&O Cruises
Speciality Dining elevates your culinary adventure by trying out speciality restaurants, which offer a variety of global cuisine, each with a small cover charge. The speciality dining on P&O is far more reasonable than many other cruise lines.
With many dining options, you can choose free items on many menus or opt for the cover charge, which is very reasonable in many cases.
Ice Cream, treat yourself to a refreshing and sweet delight outside of mealtimes with some scrumptious ice cream, available for an additional charge.
Included in the P&O Cruise Experience
What makes P&O Cruises stand out from the crowd is the array of inclusions you’ll enjoy throughout your journey.
Flight flights to and from UK airports are included for fly-cruises, with P&O Cruises representatives ready to assist you at the terminals. Coaches or shuttle buses between the airport and the ship are also provided to make your travel smoother. However, you must select the fly-cruise option.
Family vacations are a breeze with P&O Cruises, as they offer complimentary Reef children’s clubs across their fleet. These clubs provide a perfect environment for younger travellers to enjoy various activities, including soft play, imaginative spaces, high-energy games, and arts and crafts.
Night nurseries are also available at no extra charge, allowing parents to have a well-deserved evening to themselves.
The kid’s clubs are split into age groups, so kiddies can make friends with children their own age
- Splashers: 2 to 4 years old
- Surfers: 5 to 8 years old
- Scubas: 9 to 12 years old
- H2O/ The Scene: 13 to 17 years old
P&O Cruises includes gratuities in the cruise fare, eliminating the need for daily service charges or tipping staff for their services. Unlike many other cruise lines, there is no service charge for purchasing drinks onboard. While guests can personally tip certain staff members, it is not required as tips are already covered in the P&O Cruises fare.
This straightforward and hassle-free approach to gratuities allows guests to enjoy their cruise without worrying about additional charges at the end of their journey.
Onboard Activities Included in Your Cruise
You will never get bored on a P&O Cruise Ship. There is always much to do. Giving you a chance to grab a good book and chill by the pool or participate in all the activities on offer.
- Swimming Pools and Hot
- Gym and Fitness Classes
- Running and Walking Track
- Sports Court with football, basketball, and tennis matches at the sports court.
- Golf Nets, perfect your swing at the onboard golf nets, where you can practice your golf skills amidst the high seas.
- Deck Quoits and Shuffleboard
- Darts and Table Tennis
- Dance Classes
- Card Room and Bridge Classes
- Pub Quizzes
- Silent Discos
- Family Discos
- Sports Tournaments
- Seminars with Guest Speakers
Entertainment Included on P&O Cruises
Prepare to be dazzled by the world-class entertainment on board P&O Cruises. From exclusive new stage shows like “Greatest Days – The Official Take That Musical” to various production shows, including
- Tribute acts
- Live music performances
- Theatre performances
- Quizzes and trivia
Is P&O Cruises All Inclusive?
While P&O Cruises offers a fabulous selection of complimentary beverages, such as water, hot drinks, and juices with breakfast, it’s not an all-inclusive brand. Additional beverages will incur extra charges. However, P&O Cruises does provide drinks packages to cater to different preferences, allowing guests to tailor their onboard experience.
Drinks Included on A P&O Cruise
- Glasses of water and refills from the fountain
- Fruit juices (at breakfast)
What Drinks are not Included on a P&O Cruise
Activities That Cost Extra on P&O Cruises
You will also find activities that cost extra on P&O. These are optional but available to anyone happy to spend a little more.
- Treat yourself to the ultimate relaxation with rejuvenating spa services, including access to the thermal suite, saunas, and steam rooms.
- Book into the retreat for a dedicated private sun deck and hot tubs for a little more personal service.
- Shore excursions and activities.
- Pamper yourself with luxurious hair and beauty services, perfect for looking and feeling your best during your cruise.
- Try your luck at the onboard casino or daily bingo, where thrilling games await those who enjoy a bit of excitement.
- Enjoy classic and modern arcade games, offering endless fun for guests of all ages.
- Unleash your inner chef and learn new culinary skills with engaging cooking classes led by talented chefs.
- Discover beautiful artworks and bid on your favourite pieces during the onboard art auctions.
- Enjoy retail therapy at its finest with many shopping options, including clothes, jewellery, perfume, and souvenirs with brands such as Radley, Barbour and Mulberry.
- Gain a unique insight into the ship’s workings with fascinating behind-the-scenes tours.
- Capture precious moments during a professional photo shoot, creating cherished memories of your cruise.
- Perfect your dance moves with personalised 1-to-1 dance tuition, ideal for improving your skills or learning something new.
- Or unleash your creativity and participate in art classes, where you can express yourself through various mediums.
The Cost of a P&O Cruise
You might be wondering about the cost of a P&O Cruise. Prices vary depending on the ship, duration, and itinerary, but great deals can be found. For example, Saver Fares for a 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise in 2024 start at £449 for an inside cabin.
These fares generally include full-board cruising from Southampton with many activities, offering excellent value for money. Of course, choosing to sail out the med and the Caribbean does push the price up. But in general, P&O are still a more affordable cruise line to sail with than many.
P&O Cruises provides an outstanding vacation experience with numerous inclusions, stunning destinations, and top-notch entertainment. Whether you’re a couple seeking a romantic getaway or a family searching for fun-filled memories, P&O Cruises has a cruise to suit your desires.