Symphony of the Seas, Everything You Need to Know about Royal Caribbeans Oasis Class ship. Symphony of the Seas Royal Caribbean ship. In this post we will take a photo tour and review all of the places you can visit on Royal Caribbean International’s cruise ship Symphony of the Seas. Let’s explore Everything You Need to Know about Symphony of the Seas before your cruise vacation! This includes all our hints and tips on where to enjoy your dinner, where to get away from the crowds and what not to miss on one of royal Caribbean’s largest ships.
Tips and tricks on Symphony of the seas and everything you’ve need to know to know about sailing on this ship
Is Symphony of the Seas the largest cruise ship?
No not any more the largest cruise-ship is Wonder do the seas.
It is particularly important to know what to expect before you board a ship. Having the facts to help you choose your cruise dining options and Royal Caribbean drinks packages let’s you get prepared before you sail so you know what to expect. This Royal Caribbean ship is huge in fact modern ships have been getting much bigger over the years. In fact the Symphony is a ship with all the thrills and is action packed with surf simulators, a sports zone and all sorts of family rooms with dyanamic set ups.Now there is so much to do on board it is worth doing your research before you embark.
A Few Facts About Symphony Of The Seas?
Symphony Of The Seas launched in April 2018 and at the time was the biggest ship on the sea. It is an Oasis Class Ship that holds 6,680 passengers on full capacity with 2,759 cabins and a crew of 2200. Symphony of the Seas is a cruise ship owned by Royal Caribbean International. Here are some facts about this impressive vessel:
- She is 1,188 feet long, 215.5 feet wide and weighs a whopping 228,081 gross tons. You will find a total of 18 decks, 16 guest decks, 2 service/crew decks and a total of 24 guest elevators. You can check out more information in this fascinating guide for all Royal Caribbean Ships By Size.
- Symphony of the Seas is one of the largest cruise ship in the world!
- The ship was built in 2018 by the STX France shipyard in Saint-Nazaire, France, at a cost of approximately $1.35 billion.
- Symphony of the Seas can accommodate up to 6,680 passengers in 2,759 cabins, with a crew of 2,200.
- The ship has plenty of decks, including 16 passenger decks, and features numerous attractions and amenities, including a zip line, rock-climbing wall, ice skating rink, water park, 10-story slide, mini-golf course, and Broadway-style shows.
- Symphony of the Seas has 22 restaurants, including a Mexican cantina, a seafood bar, a Japanese teppanyaki grill, and a classic American diner.
- The ship has lots of chioce of guest accommodations, including interior staterooms, ocean-view staterooms, balcony staterooms, and suites.
- These cabins feature a variety of different bed room category set ups with royal king beds, twin beds, double sofa and pullman beds
- The ship’s central atrium has no ceiling, and is known as the Boardwalk which features a carousel, shops, and restaurants.
- Some bathrooms feature baths as well as showers and some balconies even have a jacuzzi With a whirlpool
- Symphony of the Seas is powered by four ABB Azipod propulsion units, which give the ship a maximum speed of 22.6 knots (41.9 km/h or 26 mph).
- The ship’s home port is in Miami, Florida, and it sails primarily in the Caribbean, with itineraries that include stops in places such as the Bahamas, Jamaica, and Mexico.
- Symphony of the Seas is part of Royal Caribbean’s Oasis class of ships, which also includes Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, and Harmony of the Seas and Wonder of the seas
What’s On Symphony of the Seas A Royal Caribbean Ship?
What Activities are Onboard Symphony of the Seas cruise ship?
Symphony of the seas being one of the largest ships has some of the best onboard activities to help you make the most of your vacation. To give you an idea of some of the activities available check out this list of onboard activities for all guests.
- Laser Tag
- 2 Rock Climbing Walls
- Zip Wire
- Sport Court
- Studio B Ice Rink
- The Perfect Storm Water Slides
- Ultimate Abyss
- Puzzle Break Centre
- Wonder Playscape Area
- Wonder Dunes Miniature Golf
What activities will be on the daily planner?
To add to the list of onboard activities on the ship every day your Crown and Anchor News Letter or daily planner will be filled with activities, demonstrations and lectures. It it impossible so get bored, and you alway come away having learnt something new, no matter how obscure it may be.
These are some of the activities you will find on the Royal Caribbean daily planner;
- Dance classes
- Meet ups for different groups of people
- Wine tastings
- Chocolate buffets
- Craft classes
- Art exhibitions
- live singing
Kids Clubs on Symphony
For an in depth guide to the kids clubs that are on Symphony of the Seas check out our Royal Caribbean Kids Club Guide. However be warned you will be begging the kids to spend time with you as there is so much for them to do. Fortunately the Zoom wifi and app is a great way of keeping track of older kids or teens if they have self sign out from kids clubs.
The Kids Clubs on Symphony of the Seas are;
- Adventure Ocean Babies 6- 36 months
- Aquanauts 3-5 years
- Explorers 6-8 years
- Voyagers 9-11 years
- Youngers Teens 12-14 years
- Older Teens 15-17 years
There’s also plenty to do if you’re a family who likes to spend quality time together, Splashaway Bay promises hours of water fun, whilst the Wonder Play Scape is a dry underwater themed play area with tunnels and slides for little ones to let off a little steam. Additionally for older kids and teens the sports court and FlowRider and Puzzle Room will keep them entertained for hours.
The seven neighbourhoods on Symphony of the Seas!
There is a variety of open spaces on Symphony of the seas and even a space for a full-size carousel! There are seven neighbourhoods on Symphony of the Seas! These include outdoor and indoor spaces such as the following;
Outdoor spaces and open spaces on Symphony of the Seas
The Boardwalk neighborhood is fun for all of the family and is in the open air you will find these places on the board walk;
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade where families can cheer on their home team playing on any of the 31 big-screen TVs
- Sugar Beach candy and ice cream shop is on the sweet spot on the Boardwalk! You can even decorate cookies!
- The AquaTheater is an open air amphitheater-style entertainment space unique to Royal Caribbean. Which includes a pool! Here on the Boardwalk you can watch movie screenings and game shows by day and stunning aqua acrobatics shows and high-diving by night.
- A full-size, hand-carved carousel
- Johnny Rockets and the Boardwalk Dog House
- rock climbing walls
- Voltar the fortune teller
Central Park is an open outdoor Parkin the centre of the ship is features more than 20,700 plants with a winding pathway that leads to seating places, retail boutiques, live entertainment and restaurants. You will find the following in Central Park
- 150 Central Park
- Chops Grille
- Jamie’s Italian
- Vintages wine bar.
- Park Café
The heart of the ship is the Royal Promenade is where you will first step foot on board. This neighborhood is at the center where you will find parades, theme parties, eateries, retail shops, and bars and lounges such as;
- The Bionic Bar
- The Rising Tide Bar – the world’s first moving bar at sea! Will take your from the Royal Promenade (deck 5) and Central Park (deck 8) on an eight-minute ride.
- Sorrento’s Pizzeria
- Café Promenade.
- Boleros Latin dance lounge
- Copper and Kettle pub
- On Air Club.
The Entertainment Place by day is open for glow-in-the-dark laser tag battle or ice skating at a full-scale ice rink and by night everything from late-night dancing to after-hour comedy shows. You can experience the following in the Entertainment place;
- The Royal Theatre where you can see productions of Tony Award-winning Broadway musicals Hairspray, Flight and Dare to Dream.
- Studio B showcases the original ice skating extravaganza named 1977. The venue also hosts the new glow-in-the-dark laser tag adventure, Battle for Planet Z.
The Youth Zone
From adventurous tots to teens the kids can enjoy the Adventure Ocean youth program here. You will find all of the kids clubs and entertainment for children. Including;
- Adventure ocean club
- Royal Babies and Royal Tots
- Imagination Studio
- Adventure Science Lab
- Adventure Ocean Theater, where kids can learn the art of theatrical productions and perform in talent shows.
- Fuel Disco– Royal Caribbean teen-only spaces
- The Living Room for teens
Pools and Sports Zones on Symphony of the Seas
A child’s and adults playground alike! With a combination of relaxing and adrenaline-inducing experiences, this neighborhood is home to five types of pools and some great activities on Symphony of the Seas including;
- The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea!
- The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides which are Cyclone, Supercell and Typhoon.
- Splashaway Bay, a vibrant waterscape for kids and toddlers.
- The zip line which towers nine decks high above the Boardwalk.
- The adults-only Solarium which is a multistory indoor/outdoor retreat ideally positioned at the front of the ship with whirlpools.
- Hooked Seafood
- The sports deck
- Flowrider surf simulators
- Air hockey table
Vitality Spa and Fitness
Symphony has a sea spa area where guests can visit the chill areas Vitality Spa and Fitness. Find the healthy side to cruising here which includes;
- The Vitality Spa
- The beauty salon
- The barber shop
- Y Spa which is a tweens and teens have a dedicated spa of their own.
- The Fitness Center offers a wide selection of exercise machines and classes.
Dining And Drinks onboard
You will be spoilt for choice on places to eat on Symphony of the Seas with many different dining options and bars to chose from.
Symphony of the Seas has 23 bars, that includes the suite lounge, diamond lounge and pool bars. Thus giving you so much choice at all times of day and night, especially if you fancy stopping for a cocktail and spot of people watching.
If you check your Crown and Anchor daily planner there’s always something going on around the ship. Whether its a pop quiz, general knowledge quiz or pre dinner cocktail music you will always find something to suit your mood.
Symphony of the Seas Bars include;
- Vintages Wine Bar
- Schooners, Piano Bar
- Trellis Bar, Located In Central Park
- Playmakers Sports Bar And Arcade
- Boleros, Latin Themed Bar
- Diamond Club, For Diamond Members
- Rising Tide Bar, Rises Between Decks
- Solarium Bar, Adults Only Pool Bar
- Suite Lounge, For Suite Guests
- Pool Bar
- Sand Bar
- Bionic Bar, Served By Robotic Bar Tenders
- Copper & Kettle, English Pub
- Dazzles, Live Music Bar
- Wipe Our Bar, Up On The Surf Deck
- Casino Royal Bar
- Hooked Bar
- Jazz On 4
- Mast Bar
- On Air
- The Attic Comedy Club
- Wonderland Bar
How Much Are Drinks on Symphony of the Seas?
These are the drinks prices on Symphony of the Seas 2021 sailings, and will give you an idea of general prices onboard, and help you decide if a drinks package is worth the money. Grab some cocktails or a beer at one of the bars this is what they cost;
- Bud Light $7.49
- Red Stripe $8.25
- Guinness $7.99
- Strongbow $7.99
- Gin Fizz $13.00
- Mint Berry Delight $13.00
- Grey Goose Vodka $12.99
- Tanqueray $9.99
- Bailey $9.99
- Jack Daniels $9.99
- Pinot Grigio $10.00
- Chardonnay from $11.00
- Coca Cola and Diet Coke $3.50
How Many Restaurants Are There On Symphony of The Seas?
You will find 20 restaurants and dining areas on Symphony of the Seas. 11 of which are included in the price of your Royal Caribbean Cruise and are complimentary. There are 9 restaurants that have extra charges or count as speciality dining.
The Royal Caribbean Dining Packages Available
There are several choices for speciality dining packages, here is a guide of what you can expect to pay, but also check out our in depth dining package guide.
- Unlimited Dining Package, £179.90 per adult (Roughly $250)
- The 3 Night Dining Package, £81.62 per adult (Around $112)
- Chops Plus 1 Dining Package, £61.83 per adult (Roughly $85.00)
- Taste Of Royal Lunch, £28.25 per adult (Around $40)
Children are complementary from age of 0-5. You have two options for Children aged 6-12. The dining plan costs half the adult price. However you don’t need to book the package for kids, you can pay as you go, this way children 6-12 pay $10.99 per child to dine and must order from the kid’s menu.
Complimentary dining on Symphony of the Seas
You will find complimentary dining in the following restaurants onboard Symphony of the Seas;
- Park Cafe
- El Loco Fresh
- Solarium Bistro,
- Boardwalk Dog House
- Sorrento’s Pizza
- Main dining rooms on decks 3, 4 and 5
El Loco Fresh
A Mexican fast food for eat in or take out offering tacos burritos and tacos, which is also open for breakfast.
For delicious pizza, with a choice of toppings.
Boardwalk Dog House
For hot dog choices of dreams, from tradition to chicken to German thuringer or a pork bratwurst.
The Windjammer is Royal Caribbean’s famous buffet restaurant, offering more choice than you can ever image for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Watch out for the desserts, they are divine.
A Deli themed snack bar to grab a quick soup, salad or sandwich and of course there is always cake and sweet treats.
The Café Promenade is open around the clock for quick snacks, fresh sandwiches, pastries, fruit, cakes and coffee. There is always something delicious for a tasty snacks.
For healthy snacks such as specialty wraps, fresh fruits and yogurt, and smoothies.
The Solarium Bistro offers fresh ingredients and Mediterranean flavours for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Main Dining rooms
The main dining room offer a huge choice of meals, open every evening at your chosen time of early , late or my time dining. On a sea day the restaurant is open for lunch and breakfast. Each night has different themed nights from around the world and constantly changes.
Speciality Dining Restaurants On The Symphony of the Seas And 2021 Prices
Please note, you need to add 18% service charge onto speciality dining. These prices are from Speciality Dining Venues on Symphony Of The Seas 2021 -2022 sailings.
Offering a wonderful selection of sushi and Asian dishes and costs, $34.99 for lunch, $45.99 for dinner, and children cost $10.99.
Johnny Rockets is a wonderful 1950s themed American Diner, offering delicious burgers and shakes with a twist and a song, and costs $9.95pp.
Jamie’s Italian is a delicious Tuscan grill offering homemade inspired Tuscan dishes, costing $49.99 for dinner, $22.99 for lunch, Children are $10.99 6 to 12 years old with kids Menu.
The Coastal Kitchen is reserved for suite and jnr Suite Guests and offers a varied á la carte menu.
The seafood restaurant of dreams offering lobster, a fresh fish fillets, crabs and shrimp to name a few it a must for seafood lovers. Costing $24.99 for lunch, $52.99 for Dinner and Children ages 6-12 cost $10.99 eating from the kids menu.
A steakhouse offering a delicious choice or steak, lobster and a selection of alternative mains. Chops Grill costs $24.99 (lunch), $54.99, (dinner) $10.99 dining charge for children 6 to 12 years old with kids menu
Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade
Playmakers sports bar is a themed bar that offers tasty snack dishes to share, individual prices such a 2 pulled pork sliders for $7, steak topped fries $3, 24 wings for $14, burger $9.
Wonderland is a magical themed venue offering food that not only inspires your taste buds, but your mind, this really is an experience to try, costing $54.99 for dinner, children from 6-12 are $10.99 eating from the kids menu.
150 Central Park
150 Central Park has a carefully curated menu spotlighting locally sourced ingredients harvested at the peak of their season and costs $49.99 for dinner, children are 6-12 cost $10.99 eating from the kids menu.
Symphony of the Seas State Rooms
Standard staterooms on Symphony include;
- interior staterooms
- ocean-view stateroom
- virtual balcony stateroom
- Balcony staterooms
Suite rooms in Royal Suite Class
Symphony of the Seas has an array of different suite rooms available From grand suites to the ultimate family suite which give you with Sea, Sky or Star class with the benefit of extra perks. To travel in the Royals suite class is a luxury! Much like the 1st class liners many years ago but more high tech!
Shows And Entertainment on Symphony of the Seas
Symphony of the Seas has many different shows to keep you entertained;
- Aqua Theatre Shows
- Comedy Club
- Ice Shows
- Top theatre shows including Hairspray!
More tips on Symphony of the Seas!
- Make reservations for the entertainment
- Watch out for fun pop up events around the ship. Such as the piano player in the lift.
- The ice cream machine is by the swimming pool.
- Shuffle board and ping pong tables can be found tucked into cubbies on on the jogging track
- The Park Central Cafe is overlooked by many on embarkation day its good for a quiet lunch
- Try Breakfast or lunch in the solarium as part of your package. It is also a quiet and “Adults Only.”
- If you only book one restaurant you must try Wonderland! If not happy hour in Wonderland is covered by your drink package.
- Johnny Rockets serves free breakfast
- Book internet packages, Dining and Drink packages early as cheaper than on the ship